Many have heard the term ‘autoimmune disease’, but most people have no idea what it is. These are recognized by their inaccurate symptoms, which make the diagnosis even more difficult.
There are some things you need to be familiar about that can help you deal with the problem or help people who suffer from it every day.
1) A fight against ourselves: We all have immune system – a system that protects our body from diseases. In a person in good physical shape, it immediately recognizes the differences between ‘good’ cells and ‘bad’ components that invade the body. In one who has autoimmune diseases, improving immune system is drug-free solution for autoimmune diseases for him.
2) Several types: You may have heard of psoriasis or multiple sclerosis, but did you know that there are 80 kinds of autoimmune diseases.
3) May be genetic: Some studies suggest that people who are members of family are more expected to suffer from the same type of autoimmune disease. However, researchers believe that environmental aspects and the existence of infections has a very important role in the development of these health problems.
4) Allergies are not autoimmune: Some people confuse the symptoms of an allergy with the symptoms of an autoimmune disease. Although there are studies that show a link between allergies and the development of these problems, the two diseases are completely different. Although there are similar treatments for both types of problems, the consequences of both are not similar – anyone who has allergies does not have a self-assertive organism.
5) It can take moths to be diagnosed: As they often attack a range of parts of the body and the symptoms ‘come and go’, it is sometimes difficult to diagnose an autoimmune disease and therefore treat it. It is normal that the first diagnosis is not right, since many doctors usually resort to the ‘trial and error’ method to try to get to the root of the problem.